Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Chapter 8 Humanity as a Whole

There’s much sadness in our world, today, and in the days to come. Words typed from dry ground, miles away, seem pale and lifeless and trite, because the mere freedom of others to live and their option to prosper has been yanked like a space rug out from under their feet.

So, I feel like I'm lost, tapping away at these keys, looking for some pacifying relief, some comfort, pathetic as that is. There's guilt, because I can only help so much, and because I know no such pain. I'll admit that I've tried to numb myself to it all, and maybe you have too; but the very ones who would be merely faces, are so much more now, due in no small part to the reality of this whole Christ following thing.

Somewhere in the passage and transformation of what once was, through the very development and progression and accumulation of thoughtful souls that share this common screen,
we've heard the adventure of the street calling us. And so, the mere humanity of others, out there, is of huge consequence and it weighs heavy as we journey together toward this new kind of church.

We've begun to care. Deeply.

We all know, without saying it, that if our brothers and sisters within this rather large family are entangled in this kind of despair, this kind of horror, then we simply can’t enjoy our own freedom today, with our own sure and warm and dry feet. If they’re shackled like this, well, then, humanity as a whole must help bear the chains.

So it is that I must pray, and beg for you to do the same, and then pray again, for sanity, and for peace and for patience; for provision and for prosperity once more.

And please give, even a little something -- because a little something goes a long way when it gets multiplied and magnified and moved through the hands of the Great Comforter.

God help us all.

5 comments:

steph said...

Thank you for giving words to my whirring thoughts, angst at the anguish and pain, loss and disillussion I am watching others suffer.

Joash Chan said...

I hear the call of God from this common screen, my friend. I need a changed-heart...

Debra said...

Yes! Your point about giving something so that it will be multiplied by Jesus is a thought which I've had many times lately. Thanks for giving it words, building blocks which I can build from ... possibly on my own blog in a future post. God bless... Debra

New Life said...

Thanks brother.
I really like what you said about the chains and how we all must share the burden.

Beautiful.

christina joy said...

Still loving your story! Your still one of my top 5 favorites out there!

Grace and Peace,
CJ